Most of us have golden summer memories from our childhood. Your kids are making those memories right now. And Gaylord Texan Resort is ready to help. The premier resort destination offers hours of summertime thrills and adventure with family-friendly fun around every corner. Throughout the four-and-a-half-acre resort, you and your family can enjoy delicious dining, pirate and princess-themed activities, and fun in the sun at the resort’s 10-acre waterpark and lazy river complex, Paradise Springs.
There you’ll enjoy a giant water treehouse, four winding waterslides, and a 6,000-square-foot family lagoon. Or grab an adult cocktail and tube down the meandering 600-foot-long lazy river. The pool comes alive each weekend May 19 through September 4, with a live DJ, hair braiding, airbrush tattoos, and interactive games with private cabanas available for rent for extra shade, soft seating, TVs, and refrigerators.
To celebrate their 20th SummerFest, Gaylord Texan is offering even more fun including:
- Adventure Kids’ Clubhouse, where kids create pirate and princess-themed crafts to take home.
- Hidden Treasure Hide & Sea-K, a swashbuckling scavenger hunt searching for clues throughout the resort’s atriums following a “long-lost pirate map” among four acres of flowers and splashy summer colors uncovering hidden gems.
- An interactive live show, featuring Alfie the Armadillo, Layla the Longhorn, and everyone’s favorite Adventure Kid, Sophie, as they learn, imagine, explore, and discover the wonders of summer.
- Summer Cirque, a spellbinding live show that takes guests on an exciting journey as a lone soul dreams of becoming a pirate, while encountering daring aerial artistes, show-stopping balancing acts, incredible specialty performers, and breathtaking feats.
- Three escape rooms where friends and family race against the clock and solve puzzles before time runs out.
- Junior Chefs Camp where aspiring young chefs can practice their culinary skills creating delightfully delicious treats and meals for themselves and two family members.
- Ahoy, Matey! Animal Encounters where your child will interact with a variety of incredible creatures.
- Buccaneer Bash Dance Party where guests don their best pirate gear and dance the night away.
- The brand-new Illuminate the Night light show which fills the atrium each evening with a kaleidoscope of colorful and animated lights.
Adults 21 and up can indulge in a variety of inventive culinary events, from chef-curated food and spirit pairings to sommelier-led wine dinners, and more, with multiple onsite restaurants offering delicious cuisine and spectacular service in beautifully appointed environments. Then, relax and unwind at Relâche Spa offering soothing treatments for the body, mind, and soul, including rejuvenating massages, facials, manicures, sauna, steam room, slumber lounge, and more.
Find out more and book your memory-making stay at GaylordTexan.com/SummerFest.
1501 Gaylord Trail
Grapevine, Texas 76051